Effective April: To help ease some of the financial stress and burden caused by the pandemic, FEMA will begin providing financial assistance for funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020 for deaths related to COVID-19.
The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 policies were finalized on March 24, 2021. The application process will open on Monday April 12, 2021.
Our caring staff will get in touch with all the families we have served since January 20, 2020 to discuss your individual eligibility. We are always here to assist those whom we may not have served but would like assistance.
How do I apply?
- Applications can ONLY be made by calling 1-844-684-6333, Monday - Friday 9am-9pm EST beginning on April 12, 2021.
What funeral costs are covered?
- All the costs from Andrew Strish Funeral Home, including cemetery expenses, marker or headstone, death certificates, and clergy or church fees.
What is required for the application?
- Social security number of applicant AND deceased
- DOB for both applicant AND deceased
- Location the deceased passed
- Address and phone number of applicant
- Date of funeral contract
- Information on funeral insurance policies or other funds
- Banking information (if using direct deposit)